NNAUSA Village Primary School Improvement (VPSI) project was established in 2008 by Dr. Elelenta Elele’s administration. The main objectives of the VPSI program are to help prevent the collapse of village primary schools in Ngwa/Ukwa land through rehabilitation of dilapidated infrastructure, or by providing instructional materials support (e.g. schools without roof, wall, furniture and other instructional materials). Support may also include books, computers, uniforms, and other essentials needed to ensure continued access to primary education.
The project comprises of technical assistance, instructional material support and infrastructure improvement. The VPSI Project benefits 9 primary schools each year; with one primary school from each local government to be selected by lottery ballot at the convention. The program is funded by NNAUSA members through dues assessments and voluntary fundraising.
VPSI Committee (2023 – 2024)
Elder Iheariochi Agwamba, Chairman – VPSI
- Lady Christine Irozuru (Secretary)
- Mrs. Chinyere Chigbu: Obi Ngwa Coordinator
- Ms. Ugo Wigwe: Osisioma Coordinator
- Mr. Steve Okengwo: Isiala Ngwa South Coordinator
- Mr. Uzoma Iheanacho: Isiala Ngwa North Coordinator
- Mrs. Uloaku Azubuike: Aba North Coordinator
- Mrs. Jennifer Nwosu: Aba South Coordinator
- Sir Chidiebere Uzoije: Ugwunagbo Coordinator
- Mrs. Blessing Ahuruonye: Ukwa West Coordinator
- Prince Oke Ananaba: Ukwa East Coordinator